Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Snow

We got about 20 cm of snow today. Not a huge amount, but still not pleasant to shovel. I put in about 20-25 minutes of shovelling before supper. Right after supper, my neighbour knocked on the door and offered me the use of his snowblower. Wow! It powered its way through the snow.

At work, I have finished writing all my performance reviews. This is an annual activity that all Managers dread. Anyway, it's done for another year. One of the best Managers I ever met maintained that annual performance reviews are pointless. Good Managers give continuous feedback, and so employees should always know where they stand. On the other hand, bad Managers never give feedback and never deal with problems. Hence the annual exercise in forcing all Managers to give some thought to providing feedback to their employees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home