Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Up, down, and all around

Yesterday I saw a job posting at work for a position I was interested in. In an uncertain economy, I am hesitant to take risks, so I wasn’t sure if I should apply for it. Today, the door closed as one of my colleagues has moved into that position. So, a seeming opportunity disappeared. On the other hand, I just found out that another one of my friends was laid-off, so I’m quite sad about that. I think I could be doing more in my job, but at least I have a job.

Karen was feeling a little ill tonight, and Hannah was quite fussy, so I didn’t take Bethany to music tonight and I did order Greek food for supper. It’s like I’m addicted to Greek food.

Today was Federal Budget day in Canada. Our Finance Minister has announced a $5 billion day-care program. Never mind that so many areas of existing spending are starved. Never mind that our federal debt is still over $500 billion. What this country really needs is yet another social program!

I read some more of the Chronicles of Narnia to the children tonight. I’m about half way finished “The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”. Joel wasn’t too fussy about it when I started reading tonight, but at the end of the chapter he really wanted me to read another. However it was bed time.

I purchased a computer game the other day. It’s called “Strategic Command”. It is your typical turn-based hex-board WWII strategy game. The interface is simple and clean and very attractive. Interestingly enough, the game is written in Eiffel, rather than C++ or Java.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home