Saturday, April 01, 2006

It isn't so bad...

OK, being 40 isn't so bad. You get to sleep in while your wife gets up with the baby, you come downstairs to presents, coffee is ready for you, everyone asks what you want to do today, and you get to pick whatever you want for supper. I think being 40 is going to be great. I can't wait for tomorrow 8-)

Yesterday's visit to the Museum of Science and Technology was really good. The kids had fun and Hannah was great. Joel went through the "Connections" tunnel himself, which was good because I've been looking for him to develop additional courage. Some of my favourites were:

  • a huge map of the world that changes between daylight and night. At night you can see all the cities from the lights. It's one thing to tell your children that most of the people in Egypt live along the Nile River, but at night you can actually see it.
  • a heart rate exhibit where you put your hands on two paddles and it tells you your heart rate. Not that this is particularly stunning, but I tried mentally exciting myself and calming myself, and I could make my heart rate change by 15 beats a minute (with no change in my physical activity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home