Monday, February 23, 2004

A (very) modest musical accomplishment

I'm one quarter Welsh, which means I have all of the love of music, but very little of the ability. However, tonight there has been a tune running through my head. It started with Joel sitting on my lap, and I has improvising a song for him. The words and the tune changed every time I went through it, but finally the tune stabilized with a particular set of words "I'm safe forever, with Jesus watching o're".

I've recorded it as an .mp3 of me whistling and singing the last part of the refrain. The refrain is the only part with words, but the initial words would be describing someone's Christian walk and how the Lord Jesus sustained them on the path. If anyone is curious and interested in hearing the tune (or possibly adding some words), please send me an email and I'll email it to you. My address is sabigail@sympatico.ca. It's not much, but I like it. And perhaps the improvisation will stick with my son as a testimony to Christ's sustaining power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home