Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Zigons

Joel has taken to drawing Zigons. "What's a Zigon" you ask? I haven't the foggiest idea. I do know that they have sharp teeth and arched eyebrows. Joel says they're the "awful guys". Not all hope is lost however, for "Z" is the character who attacks the Zigons. Most recently "Z" fired a missile and a bagel at a Zigon. I think I might get Joel some tinker-toys and show him how to make Buckminsterfullerene (a.k.a. Bucky Balls, a.k.a. C-60). Perhaps the Zigons will fade away from his consciousness as he starts exploring carbon chemistry.

The children are a little under the weather, and so tonight as a special treat I made chocolate chip cookies for them. I had planned to use a mix, but when I got home I found I had bought chocolate chip muffin mix, so I had to make the cookies from scratch.

I ordered a couple of books tonight. "The Moffats" was recommended by an e-friend (and is by the same author as one of the read-alouds in my children's curriculum). I also bought a translation of Eusebius's ecclesiastical history and a Paul Harvey book (The Rest of the Story). I'm almost finished Xenophon, but I think the marketing guys (from Penguin Classics) got carried away. It's not really an inspiration to free men, but it's about a bunch of unpleasant Greek mercenaries who brought a lot of grief to innocent people and who captured a lot of slaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home