Saturday, February 07, 2004

Saturday Afternoon

We've had quite a bit of snow, and I've been getting behind in the shovelling, so I has planned to do a lot of shovelling today. Thankfully, a very kind neighbour loaned me his snow blower. That freed up a lot of time for other things. I was able to do some read-aloud books with the children, look at a "Cross-Sections" picture book with them, and put on Eine Kleine Nachtmusik for them to listen to (it was mentioned in their book). I also had time to prepare a Sunday School lesson for tomorrow on Bible Prophecy.

Karen bought a book called "George and Laura", about the Bush family. I'm reading it and find it quite interesting. It's a light read, but provides a lot of interesting background. Hilarious was a conversation George had with his mother over whether it is only Christians who go to heaven. Barbara disagreed and phoned up Billy Graham to settle the matter (turns out George was right). Unfortunately I always have a number of books on the go at the same time. At the moment it's "George and Laura", Xenophon's "Anabasis" and William MacDonald's "Be Holy". There are a couple more at the bottom of the pile as well.

The new monitor is really nice. I've boosted the resolution to 1024x768 and so now I have some space on the desktop. The Samsung 955DF has a nice picture for a reasonable cost. If you use your computer a fair bit, and can afford a bit more than a 17" costs, I recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home