Thursday, January 22, 2004

Supper Table, etc.

The other day, Karen made one of her GREAT roast chicken dinners. It was an herb roasted chicken with mashed potatos and gravy, and several types of vegetables. But what made the meal unforgetable was Joel's commentary. He held up a drumstick and said, "A couple of days ago this chicken was walking along and somebody shot it." That's my boy!

At work I was booked to sit down with a patent agent for my second idea. That means they'll be filing in a couple of weeks. I can't say what the idea is until the filing is complete, but in my opinion it is a much better idea than my first, and has the potential to generate some real money for my company.

For those who live outside the Ottawa Valley, I should give an update on the weather. It's been cold. I know, it's Canada; it's supposed to be cold. Some cultures have great cuisine, some cultures have dance and art, and some cultures have a history of ancient writings and wisdom. This is Canada. Our cultural heritage is snow and bitter cold. How cold is "bitter cold" you ask? Wind chill of -44 degrees Celcius. Cover up, because unprotected flesh freezes in a couple of minutes.

My Sunday School class wants to learn about Bible Prophecy. I've bought copies of "What Next - A Primer on Prophecy" by Ed Harlow, and I plan to make a prophecy chart with them. After that, we plan to watch a couple of "Left Behind" movies and critique them from a Biblical viewpoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home