Saturday, January 17, 2004

A Busy Saturday

It was a busy day. We finished up with Christmas (i.e. we took down the Christmas tree and packaged up the last Christmas present we still need to send). OK, most people mailed out their Christmas presents before Christmas, but we're not ones to fit into a mold. Don't buy that? OK, I admit that we got doing other things. We never actually forgot, but there were always other things that needed doing.

Let's see... I worked on the cars for the AWANA Grand Prix. The children each got a block of wood that Daddy gets to convert into a racing car. The children paint it and race it. Last year I bought a saw and some X-Acto knives, so I was well equipped for the task. The carving is almost done. I've got to do a bit of sanding, and then the children can paint.

Karen made a great marinated flank steak, with baked potatos (with cheese) and fresh green beans. Supper was great! I also read to the children, worked on an upcoming sermon, and got a nap on the sofa.

I was also thinking tonight about some previous postings on this blog. I've made some comments about the various troubles in the Anglican church. Rest assured that I take no joy in these troubles! The reason why I mention them is because, like everything else on this blog, they are something that I have been thinking about. I came from an Anglican background, so I retain some interest in what is happening in those circles. For the last decade and a half, I have seen the Anglican church avoiding many weighty issues. Indeed, I remember one article on an Anglican web site explaining why the author preferred heresy to schism. This is why it surprises me that the evangelical wing of the Anglican church is taking a strong stand about a theological issue; a stand which runs counter to the prevailing culture of our society. Quite frankly it amazes me. And while I don't wish to see any Christians struggling with schism, I am pleased that there are still some who can take a stand. Latimer and Ridley were burned for the orthodox Christian faith; now some of their successors are willing to take a stand for what is Biblical. There is something pleasing about this. My prayers and best wishes to those evangelical Anglicans who are contending for the faith once delivered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home