Friday, January 09, 2004

Getting ready for baby

We bought a crib a couple of days ago, and tonight I got a chance to put it together. We've put the crib and change table in our bedroom. The plan is for me to build a study in the basement this summer, and move my study out of the 4th bedroom at that point.

Karen went out tonight and bought a few things for the baby (so we don't feel totally unprepared). She also bought some fabric for Bethany, who wants to sew a quilt for the baby.

Sears phoned a couple of weeks ago, asking if we wanted to extend the maintenance contract on a couple of our appliances. I said yes for one year. The lady asked me 3 times if I was sure I didn't want a 2 year extension. Each time I was perfectly clear that it was a 1 year extension I wanted. When the maintenance agreement came, I saw that she put me down for a 2 year. I phoned the maintenance agreement people, and talked to a guy who said he could cancel the 2 year and sell me a 1 year. I said OK. Then he tells me, "The charge is already on your credit card. Are you sure you don't want the 2 year?" My patience was exhausted at that point, and I asked to speak to the Manager on duty. I was told he would phone me back, but he didn't. So, I will be phoning back to cancel the maintenance agreement entirely. I'm not impressed. Some of the appliances didn't arrive at our house on the day I took off to wait for them. Apparently they didn't make it onto the truck. The sales guy told me he'd take $100 off the bill, but when the bill came they charged me for the full amount. We called the service guy a couple of times to fix the dishwasher, and he kept telling us we weren't rinsing the dishes off well enough (even though we never had that problem with our cheap appliances in our townhouse). When the guy said he'd have to charge us for our next visit, I insisted he check further, and upon taking the dishwasher further apart, he found a piece that had been bent from day 1. And now this nonsense about the extended maintenance agreement. Thanks but no thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home