Saturday, September 06, 2008

Malaysia Trip - Saturday August 16, 2008

I started this morning with an excellent buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Basically the same as we would have in Canada, just with a beef type of bacon and some local specialties. I finished preparing a handout for the Sunday morning sermon.

For lunch, EH and I went out to a Chinese restaurant, though admittedly I had a breaded chicken chop “western style”. In the afternoon I practiced my messages, and for supper went out to the “Purple Cane” restaurant, with the conference committee and one of the Elders. There we definitely had authentic Chinese food, including a variety of sweet soups for dessert. Maybe I’m not as adventurous as I should be, but I tell myself that I am looking after my stomach. Interestingly enough, there was tea in all the dishes we were served. By the way, I am enjoying green tea with most of my meals.

The people here are doing an AMAZING job looking after me. Tomorrow, I start “earning my keep”, with the first 3 sermons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home