Sunday, August 31, 2008

Malaysia Trip - Monday August 11, 2008

I worked today, but didn’t stay late. Most of what I am doing is handing over responsibilities to other people. I’ve started to pack, pinning down some details like which camera to take. A couple of other people have sent me best wishes and the assurance that they will be praying for me. I think perhaps I’ve been too focused on praying for my own personal well-being and the well-being of my family. All of this is important, but not as important as the work of God being done. I’m travelling to Malaysia for a reason; to teach the Bible to the Christians there. Yes, they have their own Bible teachers there, and quite capable ones. But for some reason I’ve been led to the other side of the planet to minister the word of God. Needless to say this kind of thing doesn’t happen to me very often. As an interesting side note, I received an email from a fellow in Singapore, asking me some questions about dispensationalism. It was kind of weird to reply, “I’ll be in Malaysia later this week, and if you would like to come to the conference....” My cold seems to be continuing at a low level. One more day of work at Alcatel-Lucent, and then I fly out. And finally, we had unexpected company tonight. My friend Jamie was on his way through Ottawa with his family, and stopped by for an hour to visit. It was a really great visit, but they pulled out at 9:00pm for the 6 hour drive to Sudbury!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home