Saturday, March 29, 2008

Children

Conversation this afternoon:

Hannah: Can you play camper with me?
Daddy: I can't. I have a lot of work to do.
Hannah: I'm going to tell Mommy.

Telling Mommy did not in fact get her what she wanted.


I asked Joel to sweep the floor, which he did. Then he floored me by asking if there was anything else he could do. I asked him to "swiff" the hardwood floors. I was so impressed that I told him he had earned some extra computer time. So while he's walking over to the computer he looks down at the baseboards and suggests that he wipe them down before he has his computer time. I think the aliens have picked up my son. They're good at creating a physical image of a real human child, but they miss the subtle parts of the personality. 8-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

wow...so you are saying that sometime down the road our boy might be replaced too? Hmm..... :)

10:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home