Sunday, March 09, 2008

Updates

Time for some updates:

I'm done with the snow. Buying that snowblower just might have been the best purchase I've ever made. As of Friday we had 10 feet of snow this winter, but over the weekend we got hit with another foot and a half. I left my roof rake in the back yard where it would be within easy reach. And it would be within easy reach if it were not for the 4 feet of snow in my back yard.

I was reading Hannah her bedtime stories tonight, and one of the stories was from the Bible. She said, "Why did Jesus die on the cross?" A good question. I tried to explain the concept of sin to her, and the fact that we all sin. She had no problem with the possibility that she is a sinner. In fact she said, "I keep all my sins just in case a monster comes around." I think we'll need to work with her a bit more.

I'm typing this update on my new laptop, which in addition to having a fast processor also has wireless-N, so I can use it anywhere in the house.

There were some more layoffs at work, and a couple of my friends were let go. The business world can be fun when you knock yourself out and make a big sale to a happy customer. But in my 12 years in the private sector there have only been two really good years when everyone wasn't worrying about their jobs. But I continue to hang on. S.D.G.

For those who are wondering about the picture of me with the Prime Minister, I attended the Manning Centre for Building Democracy's Networking '08 Conference a couple of weekends ago. There was a reception on the Thursday night where I got to meet the PM. The next day I met Preston Manning, Ralph Klein, Stephen Taylor (of the Blogging Tories) and several others. It was very interesting, bringing together several hundred conservative politicians and thinkers. Issues discussed included health care, euthanasia and how to win close elections. All in all it was an interesting event. I'm glad Karen suggested I go.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rileysowner said...

I still think this country missed out not electing Preston Manning as PM. He would have been the best PM in many many decades.

9:58 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

No argument from me!

10:18 p.m.  
Blogger 343434343434 said...

I bookmarked the Manning Institute and checked it once and a while but got out of looking at it regularly. Too bad I did as I would have liked to have attended that conference! Oh well....maybe next time.

So what kind of laptop did you get?

6:00 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Dell Inspiron 1720.

6:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home