Sunday, October 28, 2007

More from Loblaws

Regular readers of this blog will know that I'm not a huge fan of Loblaws. They have a lot going for them, but they seem to make a lot of mistakes around their supply chain. Unfortunately they've had years to work on this problem and still manage to shoot themselves in the foot on a regular basis. Karen was looking for English Crumpets the other day, but was told "the factory burned down." Well, that's original. And it's probably true. But to say that you don't have product to sell because one supplier is having problems is rather weak. It's a good thing their supplier of meat didn't lose a factory, because I guess they wouldn't have any meat to sell until a new factory gets built.

As an aside, they have signs all over the place talking about their "Real Price Cuts" and how more than 1000 products have had their prices cut. I was looking at some ice cream in one of their freezers and it had the "Real Price Cuts" sign on it, saying that the old price was $6.49 but the newly cut price is now $6.48. I don't know, but this sounds like one of the students working for them was playing a joke. I was going to ask the Manager about it, but I don't think he likes me after our last conversation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Great observation of the price sign. I love seeing those types of retail goofs. In a local supermarket here, I saw a price savings side that was didn't discount the product at all. The shelf was labelled "Savings: You save $0.00"

Next time take a photo of stuff like that to share with us.

9:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home