Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Weekend

The Thanksgiving Weekend was good, if somewhat painful. Karen and I went out on a romantic date to Ikea to buy a new bed. No, I'm not completely devoid of romance... we went to a good Italian restaurant first and had coffee at Starbucks after buying the bed. Unfortunately the coffee made me sick and Karen had to drive our babysitter home.

Putting the bed together was the painful part. Somehow I hurt my knee and I've been limping around ever since. We also ran the boxspring mattress over my big toe (removing several layers of skin) and I banged my finger with a hammer while attempting to make some dowels fit. Other than that it was a piece of cake. All three hours of it. The good news is the bed didn't collapse when I laid in it. And despite the pain, it's better than having a mattress on your floor for 3 years (to give a hypothetical example).

Monday I was feeling sick, as I have for the last week and a half. Mostly tired and a bit of an upset stomach. No, I'm not pregnant. Karen ended up taking the children out to Thanksgiving Dinner at her sister's house, and I stayed home and tried not to think about my stomach, or my knee, or my finger or my toe. Eventually I felt well enough to microwave a TV dinner. The good news is I'm about half way done reading Eusebius. Not sure it's a good idea to read about early Christian martyrs when you're having a bad day, but I'm getting through it. As an aside, did you know that the first reference to a Christian worker receiving a salary was for one of the Marcionites? Haven't heard of the Marcionites? Shame on you! Marcion started out by creating his own version of the Bible, and... well, you can guess the rest.

Anyway, that was my weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home