Friday, June 15, 2007

OK, I understand now...

OK, I understand now. The current civil war in Gaza is Israel's fault. They pulled out of Gaza, ended their occupation of that land, handed it to the Palestinians... and so the civil war is their fault. Now I understand. I thought the civil war was the fault of the guys chanting "death to the Jews", you know, the ones who are shooting their fellow Palestinians execution-style in the head. But I guess I was wrong.

Of course the Palestinian situation is one of the great on-going tragedies of the world. They are used by those who claim to be their friends, sitting next to an enemy with a vastly superior military force, and they are so politically fractured nobody can negotiate with them to help make things better. I wish it was different, but I can't see it happening until they have some political unity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home