Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's been a long time

It's been a long time. Once it was a frequent occurrence. Perhaps a bit of a bother but like the rest of us secretly I enjoyed it. It was flattering. You'd go to your friends with a knowing smile and say, "It happened again. I just wish they'd stop calling." But then the hi-tech bubble burst, the recruiters did stop calling, and most of my friends were out of work.

But today I got a call left for me on my voicemail. "Mr Abigail, we're looking for a senior manager for an engineering group for an exciting company in town." Frankly she didn't sound all that excited about it (maybe she was dialing everyone in our company?), but it's been a long time since I got one of these calls. I have a job, so I'll return the call and say "no thanks." I know the boom times haven't returned, but it was kind of nice to get one of these calls again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home