Saturday, May 05, 2007

Out and About

It's been a busy day. I've been trying to do more work around the house, fixing things up. I've slowly been banging the items off my list. This morning it was fixing up the fence so the critters don't get into the backyard. I had some help from Hannah and the other children. While we were in the back yard, Karen was doing a big load of groceries.

Then I put Hannah's new car seat into the van, and took the 3 kids out. We had to pick up our newly fixed vacuum. Then we went out to Pizza Hut for lunch. The idea was to get the kids out of the house so Karen could spend some time listening to this online homeschool conference.

But I must admit the Pizza Hut pizza was rather disappointing. Not much cheese, and the cheese stuffed crust was stuffed with processed cheese (yuck). The last couple of times I've been to Pizza Hut I've been disappointed. Pizza Hut used to be a place with great pizza. In fact, it was a bit of a premium kind of place, with great pizza if you could afford it. Now a lot of corner pizza places offer better pizza. Which makes me wonder about "Yum Brands", the company that owns Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC. They've got a well established brand, but they've let it go downhill. I understand a bit about business and I need to wonder why they aren't doing much with this particular product. It seems to me that a bit of energy on the part of management could really reinvigorate this brand.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rileysowner said...

I have to agree, although I have not seen it as much with Pizza Hut, but while I used to like Taco Bell, the last several times I have been there, all different stores, the food has been terrible. With your mention of this happening at Pizza Hut, I wonder if they are trying to cut costs to make more profit. In some way there is nothing wrong with that, but if they let their product slide like this I will go elsewhere.

1:41 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Exactly. Companies should be finding ways to cut costs. It allows them to lower prices (remain competitive) and increase profits (which allows for expansion and better return for shareholders). They should also be looking for ways to boost quality or offer innovative new products. But if the quality of your product goes down, the company loses.

I notice what you mean about Taco Bell as well, but I thought it was just me. I loved Taco Bell as a student, but for a long time Taco Bell had no restaurants in Ottawa. When they opened one I was disappointed, but I thought it was just because I had now experienced some really good TexMex food.

2:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home