Thursday, May 03, 2007

Joy, Happiness, Accomplishment and Sin

It was a real joy to pull into the driveway tonight, because Joel was playing outside. He woke up a bit sick this morning, and he's still a bit wiped, but he is much better!

Bethany was out at the AWANA bowling tonight. She had a great time. Sometimes she feels a bit left out, but she had a really good time with the other girls on her team. I sat and listened to her bubble away, but finally had to send her to bed. I was really happy for her.

Tonight I finished getting the May issue of Learning at Home together. It is the newsletter for the Rideau Valley Home Educators Association. This month was easy because I was sent 3 great articles on our theme of mathematics. Done!

Finally, last night was quite interesting. I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't sleep for quite a while, and ended up praying. It was a most interesting experience. As I prayed I ended up reflecting on the sin of pride, and how much pride there has been in my life over the last 30 years. I won't go into all the details, though I feel free to confess it, but I can see how pride has tainted so much of what I've done in most of the areas of my life. I find myself longing for a richer spiritual walk, one that is not tainted by self. Part of last night's prayer was confession. And yet I wasn't overcome with grief for sin, but rather found myself being so thankful that God brought to mind more and more areas for me to recognize as pride and confess as sin. Every time it seemed I was ready to end the "conversation" about pride and close off my prayer, another thought popped into my mind. I'm so thankful that God deals gently with us. I know who I want to be, and pride will keep me from getting there. Confession and dependency on the Lord will be the key, one step at a time. Forgive me if this type of blog posting makes you uncomfortable. I don't intend to bleed all over you! But it is something I wanted to share. S.D.G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home