Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Decision to Make - Your Opinion Solicited

I planned to take this Friday off work to get some things done around the house. A chair needs fixing, a propane tank needs filling, the van needs an oil change, and (most importantly) I had planned to upgrade the hard drive in my computer and mount 2nd hard drives in each of our computers for easy backup purposes.

However... I just received an invitation to attend the Conservative Party Parliamentary Kick-Off. It will be held at the Chateau Laurier, and the Prime Minister and the whole Conservative Caucus will be in attendance. I might get a chance to shake hands with the PM, or I might not. And I hate going downtown with a passion. But it is kind of exciting.

Karen is all for me attending. I'm undecided. Do I be Mr. Practical, or do I throw the smallest amount of caution to the wind? I know lots of people drop by my blog, but few leave comments. But this is your chance to have your say. Please let me know by 10:00pm on Wednesday because I need to RSVP if I'm going.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think you should go. It's an interesting opportunity!

Just don't be like my friend's roommate. He was doing an internship with a Conservative MP and so was invited to a BBQ with the caucus... Stephen Harper's family included. Harper's son asked several of the interns to play football with him, and during the course of the game, this guy ran into the boy by mistake and knocked him flat with his wind entirely gone. He came home saying, "my political career is over!"

10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Well it's good that he was perceptive enough to know that his political career is over. Too many people labour under the misunderstanding that they still have hope in their chosen profession. At least as an intern he has time to choose a new career to fail in.

5:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How often do these invites come by Shawn? GO!

6:14 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

This type of invitation doesn't come every day. On the other hand, I assume almost every member of the Conservative Party in Ottawa received this invitation (or at least the ones who have supported the Party financially).

In fact, thinking back over my life, there have only been two major invitations I have received (not counting salvation as an invitation). I said no to one of them, and yes to the other.

8:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home