Thursday, November 11, 2004

Computers and Networks

I purchased a second computer, and have now set up a wireless LAN (802.11g) within my house. The old computer has a wireless card, and the new computer is plugged directly into my router. Initially, I couldn’t get the two computers to see each other, but that was a configuration issue on the software firewall. The old computer is now in the school room, and the kids both have their own account.

The router makes it really easy for me to work from home. I just plug my laptop into the router, login through the VPN and I have full access to everything at work. On the downside, the router occasionally drops an internet connection, and then I have to reboot the router. I just upgraded the firmware and bounced the router, so we’ll see if this solves the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home