Saturday, October 30, 2004

An Abigail Weekend

Well, lets see. I’ve been editing the punctuation in my Dad’s life story, “Little House in the Flour Mill”. I think it’s really good! I suppose I’ll have to do something similar at some point.

Tomorrow I have my Sunday School class again. The kids are really great, but things do tend to get a bit chatty! I plan to show them the video, “Icons of Evolution”. It is an interesting video that points out that most of the “evidence” for evolution that is shown in High School textbooks has in fact, been disproved by scientists that believe in evolution. I can attest to this at the university level, when a second year genetics professor tried to tell us that “ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny”. What nonsense. No embryologist would put up with such a statement! But it must be admitted that this particular professor wasn’t exactly at the high end of the curve.

Our new computer comes next. I’m really excited because it has been a long time since I’ve had a new computer. Today I bought an 802.11g wireless LAN, which means I will be able to connect both computers together and both computers to the Internet. Most importantly, it has built-in encryption and a firewall (though I plan to continue using a personal firewall!). The new computer will be hooked up to my current monitor, and the old computer will be in the kitchen connected to a flat panel display.

Last night we had over a friend from work and his family. We had a really nice time. Karen did this really great chocolate cake. Of course, with a total of 7 children in the house (including a very tired and crabby Hannah), it was busy!

Hannah didn’t sleep this afternoon, then fell sleep early, then woke up, and we are currently trying to get her back down. Plus the clocks change tonight. Oh joy!

Today we made our obligatory Saturday visit to the library, and paid our regular fine. Bethany took out a dozen books, including one of the Moffat books that she hadn’t seen before. Joel polished off one of the Bobbsey Twins books this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home