Monday, October 18, 2004

Vacation?

I took Friday and Monday as vacation days, and we went to visit my parents in Sudbury. It was great seeing them again, and the van handled nicely on the road (and the cruise control makes it nice to travel). Unfortunately Hannah is going through a phase where she won't go to sleep and she won't stay asleep. If you pick her up and rock her, she's fine. As soon as you put her down, she screams. As hard as this is to deal with in our own home, it is harder when you are visiting. Anyway, we cut our visit short by a day and left for home on Sunday morning. We didn't get a chance to see my Aunt and Uncle, and I only got a chance to see my friend Jamie because he stopped by my parents house before church. So, the vacation didn't go as we had hoped.

Karen and I did get some time walking around the shopping mall in Sudbury, with Hannah happy in a stroller (those who are parents will understand that a chance to walk around a mall and drive around a bit after is the ultimate date idea). The children went with Popa (my Dad) to the Burger King in the Flour Mill area of Sudbury. This is the area he lived in as a boy. Dad is working on some reminisences, which should be very interesting when they are done. The kids also got to pick apples from the apple tree in Popa's back yard. So, on the whole it was stressful and it wasn't the vacation we had hoped for, but there were a couple of good memories built.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home