Saturday, August 07, 2004

Saturday

Another busy Saturday is winding down. Today we did more rearranging of the furniture and finding a place for everything. I also went to Canadian Tire, practiced a sermon, wrote a short article and took the 3 children for a walk. We didn't make it to the library today, but Bethany and Joel still have plenty of books left from their visit on Tuesday.

I've been encouraging Bethany to practice a certain piece of music on the new piano, even though it's summer. I'm hoping to rebuild some of her skills before music lessons start again in the fall. Also, Karen is using it and refreshing her skills, which she hasn't used for the last decade. Joel doesn't seem to have much interest in music lessons, and we've asked him about other things like art lessons, but he isn't interested. We'll keep suggesting things for him.

I was talking to a Muslim fellow at work on Friday, and really became convicted about being more constant in my Bible reading. He is trying to memorize the Koran, and I often struggle to do some daily readings. When I study for a sermon I dig out all sorts of interesting stuff, and I really have a good time with it. But on a day to day basis I find the reading hard.

Hannah slept well last night. Just the regular 2 feeds. It was a challenge getting her down at the start, but once she was down it was good. Hopefully Hannah will sleep well again tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home