Thursday, July 22, 2004

Late night updates

I can't sleep, so this might be a good time to do some updates.

I've ordered some new glasses. My current glasses are about 7 years old and the coatings are coming off. Unfortunately with my prescription and the SV 1.67 lens, the glasses come out to $450+. My vision plan at work covers some of this, but it's still a lot of money out of pocket.

Bethany and Joel are attending a Vacation Bible School this week. It runs during the mornings, so Karen gets a couple of hours with only the baby to look after. They are really enjoying it. The church that is running it is doing a really good job (very elaborate decorations, etc.).

I ordered a copy of the book, "Seven Men Who Rule the World from the Grave". It's about 7 men whose ideas have influenced our modern world and current thought patterns. It should come in next week. In the mean time, I'm rereading "Preaching with Purpose" (hightly recommended for preachers) and little book on Canada's Prime Ministers. I've been compiling a list of books recommended by some of the Bible teachers I've been listening to. These men are rather deep thinkers, and the books should be very interesting. Now I just need to order them and read them!

On Tuesday I had an interesting experience. I was at Carleton University interviewing coop students. It's been a long time since we were able to hire a coop. No, we haven't fully recovered from the hi-tech meltdown, but things are slowly getting better. It's been really rough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home