Sunday, August 01, 2004

Challenges and Blessings

Yesterday we moved my study out of the fourth bedroom and into the master bedroom. One of my bookshelves is out in the hall, but the rest fits quite well. Our course, the counterpart to this was setting up Hannah's bedroom in the fourth bedroom. Yes, she's now in her own room. All the hauling of bookshelves and books left us tired, and all told it took about 7 hours, but it was worth the sore muscles and tiredness.

However, last night Hannah decided to be a bit of a fusspot and also woke up in the middle of the night all bright eyed. I was up with her from 3-4am and from 5am on. Karen didn't really get to sleep until 4am and was interrupted by a 5am feeding. In other words, we were exhausted today.

This would have been a lot easier to take if I wasn't preaching today, but I was scheduled to preach at Bridlewood. Being that I had a hard time putting 2 words together and drifted in and out during conversations, I stuck quite close to my notes. I know that many people believe that preaching without notes is best, but on days like this the notes really help. Honestly, without the notes I would have been fairly incoherent. As it was, people seemed to appreciate the sermon.

Tonight we didn't go to church. Hannah is very fussy and I think she is having gas pains. I plan to go to bed early tonight, if Hannah allows it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home