Monday, April 19, 2004

Cook and Educator

Much as I enjoy roast chicken, I have never cooked one. At least until today. Karen was busy feeding Hannah so I prepared and cooked a roast chicken. It didn't turn out quite as good as Karen's, but nobody seems to have been food poisoned, and the right combination of herbs could make mud mouth watering.

This week, I am also teaching the children. This is to give Karen a bit of a break. Joel's Kindergarten program is quite light, but he's reading well. Bethany's program takes a bit longer. I was so happy to cover the required material that I forgot about the extra work I had planned. The extra work I've planned for Bethany is an introductory logic program. She has done some of the problems already and really enjoyed it, so I would like to complete as much of the book as possible this week.

In other news, my Mom has come for a visit and to help with Hannah and the children. She brought the Christmas present she had been working on, which is a beautiful hand made quilt. Growing up I remember wrapping up in some of the hand made quilts my grandmother had made, so there is a special place in my heart for quilts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home