Friday, April 16, 2004

After a great delay...

... of two days, I'm posting an update. All is well. The past couple nights, Hannah has gone to sleep by about midnight. She wakes a couple of times during the night to feed, but goes back to sleep. Honestly, things are going much more easily with Hannah than with Bethany or Joel.

Being that things are going so smooth, I have have a bit of time for other things. I was able to complete our income taxes, and finish writing the first draft of a small booklet for my Sunday School class on New Testament church principles. I've also been working on a Powerpoint presentation on principles of homiletics. Not sure what I'll ever do with it, but it does help to cement things in my own mind when I write it down. I sent an email to a professor of homiletics at a seminary out west, and got a very prompt, very nice reply. I was also able to put up a shelf for Joel, and write a short article about local church elders (again, not sure what I will do with it).

I also downloaded some videos on theology from the Internet. Stonebriar Community Church in Texas has a program in theology (for anyone in the church who is interested) and the videos and course notes can be downloaded. It's an interesting idea - attempt to provide a solid grounding in theology for most of the people in a local church.

I replaced my UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) today. My old one died, and so I got a new one. If the power goes out, I will have 9 minutes to save my work and shut my computer down gracefully. It also has surge protection. You would think that this would be great for situations where the power goes out - if it can power my computer and monitor for 9 minutes, it can probably power a compact flouresent bulb for several hours, right? Well yes, but there is also this beeper in the UPS that beeps when it cuts over to battery. If I want to put up with the loud beeping, it's fine (but I haven't wanted to put up with it in the past during Kanata's many power outages).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home