Saturday, April 10, 2004

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

Even though its a wee bit chilly, today I decided to take out the barbeque and grill some steaks. I bought some really nice sirloin steaks, and just before supper wheeled out the barbeque. Mouth watering, I lit it up. Moments later, smoke began curling from the side of the grill. Since this was the first time using it this season, I assumed it was some grease left over from last fall. Then I noticed it was grass. Using the long fork, I tried to get it out of the barbeque. Then a small mouse jumped out of the barbeque, onto the grill for the briefest of moments, and then down to the ground. The last I saw it was running off towards the neighbours house, seeking more congenial lodgings. He must have been in there for about a minute after I lit the burner. I ended up frying the steaks in a pan. Using the barbeque will have to wait until I can clean out any mouse droppings. My plans for a barbequed steak fell apart, but look at it from the mouse's point of view... his house burned down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home