Thursday, April 08, 2004

Lots of Sleep

Lots of sleep. That's what I intend to get when Hannah is older. For now it's a luxury. I did my best to look after Hannah in the night, so Karen could get some sleep. I did get a few hours while Karen was up, but for the most part I was downstairs on the sofa with Hannah in her bassinet. She wasn't really awake, but just would cry for a couple of seconds once every 10 minutes. So taking her downstairs was the best option. Karen did manage to get about 6 hours sleep, which doesn't quite make up for the total lack of sleep the night before. I was able to nap this morning after Karen's Mom came over.

The midwives came by this afternoon, and stayed about an hour. I would say the level of care was really great. If it's a routine pregnancy, a midwife is the way to go.

Not sure what tonight will be like. Hannah is now getting used to being alive (yes, she's been alive for the last 9 months, but this is now a whole different experience for her). Karen is now able to climb the stairs, so our taking turns looking after Hannah might work a bit better tonight. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home