Wednesday, April 07, 2004

More on Hannah

Hannah has only slept for a few minutes here and there, but just a few minutes ago woke up from about a half hour nap. I don't know what kind of night we are in for, but I intend to go to sleep real soon so that I can get in a few hours over the course of the full night. Karen did not sleep at all last night, but is really doing well (even better than me). She has good colour and a lot of strength. She is on bed rest for the next 24 hours.

The mid-wives did a really great job. They were really supportive of Karen (and took a lot of burdens off me), and really encouraged Karen to get through it without any medication (which was Karen's goal). In the end, we had a mid-wife, a student mid-wife and a R.N. the midwives use for backup. This kind of support really made the difference for us.

Anyway, baby is crying so I've got to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home