Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Practical Joke

My children are always asking me to tell them stories about when I was little. I remember a practical joke my Dad played on my Mom. It was Christmas or New Years or Easter - I forget which but it was one of those occasions where you cook a big turkey and have the family over for a meal. Mom was having a crowd, so she cooked a huge turkey. When she took it out of the oven and opened the pan, there was a tiny little shriveled up piece of poultry. Dumbfounded she exclaimed, "It must have shrunk!". Actually, while Mom was out, Dad had popped the turkey out of the oven and took it over to the neighbour, who cooked our turkey in her roast pan. In our roast pan, Dad dropped a Cornish rock hen and popped it back in our oven. Dad's always been a great one for practical jokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home