Saturday, July 05, 2008

Best Hamburgers?

Some time ago I posted a message extolling the President's Choice Prime Rib burgers at Loblaws. And my opinion remains that these are mighty good burgers. But I'm on the trail of a better burger. I picked one up the other day for Hannah as I was buying steaks at the butcher (she dosen't like steak). I ended up sampling the fresh Angus burger at "The Butchery" in Bells Corners and it was mighty good. However they also have Kobe beef hamburgers that go for about $6 a patty, and I suspect they are even better. We'll see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rileysowner said...

The best burgers I ever had were from a, now retired, member of the congregation I serve who used to run his own abattoir. His contention was it was the amount of fat mixed into the meat, and how well the meat was prepared before grinding in particular hanging it long enough. Often meat today is not hung long enough and that negatively affects the taste of the meat.

I also like the PC Prime Rib burgers, but due to health concerns we usually eat the lean Angus burgers from their Blue Menu as they are quite good as well. Frankly I like leaner burgers anyway.

10:28 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

We've been eating the PC Blue Lean Angus burgers as well. They taste good, have less fat, and it's rare that the entire grill will be in flames. 8-) The Prime Rib burgers have enough fat to make me a bit sick.

10:39 p.m.  
Blogger Rileysowner said...

People at our son's birthday party liked the light Angus burgers enough to ask what they were.

11:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home