Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Florida Vacation - Day 8 – December 15, 2007

We left the vacation home at 10:00am, did some shopping and went to the airport. We ate there, and I tried Chick-Fil-A for the first time. The WestJet flight was uneventful and we arrived back in cold snowy Ottawa at 6:30pm. My brother-in-law met us at the airport and helped me dig my van out of the snow. The Ottawa Airport needs some covered parking! My neighbour very kindly offered to shovel my driveway while we were gone, and in fact had scraped it down to the pavement. So the driveway was in better shape on my return than when I left. The snow storm the next day that dumped 37cm of snow on the city is a tale for another day.


2 Comments:

Blogger ROGER TRUCKER said...

Nice to have caring neighbours. How does it feel, coming back to reality?? Greetings from Spain, brother!

5:50 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Reality is fine. I just wish it was a bit warmer.

I have a number of really great neighbours. The fellow who shoveled my driveway for me is also someone I work with, and he's a really hard working guy.

4:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home