Sunday, December 16, 2007

Florida Vacation - Day 1 - December 8, 2007

We woke up early and were on the road for 8:00am. We picked up my Mother-in-Law and went to the Ottawa Airport. Unfortunately the long-term parking situation at the Ottawa Airport isn't that great. The parking is outside, and there is no covered walkway into the Airport. The WestJet flight was on time. Frankly the seats in a modern airplane are not made for average sized men. Thankfully I had one of my children beside me both ways, which gave me enough room to move. A big improvement from the last time I flew was the seat mounted TV screens, which actually take standard sized earphones. We got into Orlando about 15 minutes early, got our rental van and navigated our way to the vacation home. The vacation home was everything that it had been advertised to be; well decorated with all the comforts of home and a really great pool and games room. We went to bed early!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have a great time!

9:30 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Thanks. I'll be posting the full 8 days worth of comments, but let's just say that I prefer 82 degrees outside and 92 degrees in the pool, to the two and half hours of snow shoveling I did today (and it would have been longer if my neighbour hadn't loaded me his snowblower at 9:15 tonight. He was also kind enough to clean my driveway for me while we were gone).

10:10 p.m.  
Blogger ROGER TRUCKER said...

Careful with the aligators, they tend to foat just under the surface, eh!
Just enjoy your peace of luck... or blessing! I'm on my way to Barcelona,Spain this week, flying Ottawa-Newark-Barcelona. Yup, skiping winter!
Cheers!

7:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home