Friday, December 01, 2006

Software Development

Over the last couple of days I have done what I can to try to get an open source software project restarted. The Project Management application from OpenOffice.org has been stalled at a wish list for a long time. A couple of us seem interested in restarting things. I've looked at the wish list and made some suggestions for a product roadmap. Participants have until January 14th to add their final comments to the wish list, and then we'll take the next step.

By the way, for those who haven't seen it, OpenOffice is a full featured Office application which can be downloaded free of charge. It includes a word processor, a spreadsheet, a presentation program, a drawing program and a database. And so some of us would like to add a Project Management tool. Have a look at www.openoffice.org

In other news, I wrote my first Visual BASIC program tonight. I've written some VBA for Excel in the past, and tonight's program is really small, but I do feel a certain sense of accomplishment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home