Friday, October 27, 2006

Dinner Last Night

So last night I did indeed have dinner with the Minister of Finance, at the Canadian Golf and Country Club. In fact there were about 150 people there and I didn't actually get a chance to shake his hand. I did however shake hands with Laureen Harper, the Prime Minister's wife. Of all the people there, she was certainly working the hardest. During supper she would eat a little and then dash off to a table to meet folks. She spent a significant amount of time with each table. At our table she was telling us about how her kids are doing, and their friends. She also said she is getting used to Ottawa because she now finds that she recognizes people when she's in the grocery store. You get the feeling that Stephen and Laureen Harper are real people, not professional politicians. Personally I find that refreshing. Whether or not you agree with Stephen Harper's policies, he's a real person and a man of principle. Laureen Harper is very energetic, personable and a definite political asset to the Prime Minister.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark-Alan Whittle said...

You are absolutely right about Stephen and Laureen.

They took the time to meet my recently passed nine-year-old disabled Son Logan when they visited Ancaster last year.

I'm glad my boy Logan got to meet them both before he died in his sleep. He had brain damage at birth and survived.

My wife Laurie and I loved him unconditionally and made sure all his needs were met.

Prime Minister Harper and his lovely wife Laureen took an interest in my Son and how we got along, to me thats leadership from the heart.

8:59 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Harper family. My condolences on the loss of your son. I too have young children, and can appreciate the loss.

9:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home