Monday, October 17, 2005

Weekend Away

Look at the time and date stamp on this posting and you will wonder why I'm not at work. Unfortunately I'm home sick with a cold. So, I have some time to update my blog before I go lay down again.

This weekend I was in Kingston at the wedding of a friend of mine. I drove down on Saturday morning and checked into the Green Acres Inn. After a quick lunch at Tim Hortons I went to the Kingston Alliance Church. It's auditorium is similar to that of Rideauview Bible Chapel. Anyway, it was neat seeing Dan Kruszelnicki get married. Both the ceremony and the reception were very musical, with a lot of original compositions. My very best wishes as Dan and Catherine begin their new life together. It was a touching wedding and reception.

The reception was held at the Minos Village Restaurant. The meal was great and I had some good conversation with the folks at my table. I had been in this restaurant once before. When Bethany was perhaps 6 months or a year old, I was speaking in the Kingston area. Karen and I decided to try a little trip with the baby, and spent the Saturday night at the Best Western Fireside Inn. Big mistake. The Fireside Inn is really nice, but Bethany wasn't ready for travel! We went to Minos for supper, and we ended up eating in shifts, with the other parent walking around in the parking lot with Bethany. That night, Bethany would not go to sleep in her crib. We had a nice dessert delivered to the room, but by the time Bethany finally went to sleep, we were terrified of waking her. So we ate the dessert in the dark, whispering quietly. The next day, Bethany was fussy in the meeting, and the facility the Christians were meeting in did not have a separate room for Karen to take Bethany so she ended up taking Bethany out to the stroller and wheeling her around outside. Things have come a long way. Bethany now loves coming to church with me and even sat through my 3 hour homiletics seminar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home