Sunday, October 09, 2005

Thanksgiving Update

My parents are visiting, but are headed home tomorrow. So, we had our Thanksgiving Supper last night. Karen made a tremendous meal, perhaps the best I've ever had. Roast fresh turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes and stuffing. Green beans with bacon, and squash with a pecan/brown sugar/butter mixture on top. Home made cranberry sauce and cranberry jelly. Pumpkin pie for dessert. It was fabulous!

My parents have been a great help to us, working on all the little things we haven't been able to get to. My Dad put up a medicine cabinet in one of the bathrooms and did a bunch of repairs. Mom fixed one of Karen's dresses and helped us catch up on laundry. This was an incredible help to us.

My Sunday School class was somewhat depopulated today, but it went OK. Some of the students didn't do the assignment, but several did really well. Tonight I preach on the last half of Romans 12.

Tomorrow we are going to rearrange some furniture, but plan to mostly have a quiet day (I hope).

On Friday I got the bonus cheque for my patent, which means it is filed, but I have to ask permission to share it. We'll see if I'm able to mention it.

Also, after 2 weeks of intermittent service, my Internet seems to be working again. Apparently the "Test Group" didn't do anything on my ticket, until I called and asked a supervisor to admit that they couldn't fix my issue so that I could sign up with their competitor. Within the same day, they ran the test and dispatched a guy to fix the problem. Apparently something blew on the DSLAM in the CO (Digital Subscriber Loop Access Multiplexer). No way that can be fixed remotely. They had to physically plug me into another card on the DSLAM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home