Monday, September 19, 2005

Go to Sleep Sleepy-Head

I'll be the first to admit I stayed up too late tonight. It was 11:30 when I turned out the light. It took me a few minutes to go to sleep, and I slept for about 15-30 minutes when Hannah woke up. She has been awake since then. It is now 2:25 am.

The last week has been a lot better than the previous couple of months. We've let her cry it out, mostly stopped rocking her and when she wakes in the night we tell her to put her head down and rub her back for a minute, and that seems to do it.

Not so tonight. I have rubbed her back and sang to her. I've let her cry. I have her water in case she was thirsty. And I even caved in and rocked her a couple of times. She's happy enough when I'm rocking her, but other than that it's cry, cry, cry.

She fell asleep in the nursery at church today, and had a 20 minute nap instead of a 2 hour nap. You would think she'd be extra tired and really sleep well, but it seems just the opposite happens.

Anyway, I'm doing well. I'm not too tired now, but we'll see what I'm like tomorrow at work. I told Karen to sleep with ear plugs in. No, I'm no hero or martyr. Karen got up the last couple of nights and so it's my turn. But admittedly the last couple of nights weren't like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home