Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Computer Stuff

Norton Anti-Virus decided to disable itself. Apparently some 10 months ago I failed to activate the product (or more correctly, the product failed to activate when I tried to activate it). With an unerring sense of timing, Norton decided to force the issue and disable my anti-virus protection one month before my anti-virus definitions subscription comes due. I tried the trouble-shooting program on their web site (which told me to activate my product - wow, thanks for the suggestion). And now my battles with Norton (which have been many) are over. I installed the free version of AVG anti-virus on both my machines.

I joined the OpenOffice.org community today. I've downloaded the product, which is a free Microsoft Office replacement. It actually looks pretty good. Specifically I'm interested in helping out with the Project Management tool. Looks like they are in the initial discussion phase of what they are looking for. Anyway, we'll see what I can contribute.

Incredibly busy at work today. I dealt with dozens of different issues, and thankfully a bunch of them are getting closed off. Tomorrow I'm in a 3 hour long conference call with Paris.

And tonight my stomach is bothering me. Nothing serious, but just not feeling great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home