Monday, August 29, 2005

Busy Long Weekend Before the Long Weekend

I took today off to make the two day weekend into a three day weekend (before next weekend when I'll be making a three day weekend into a four day weekend).

On Saturday we had some friends over for supper. Jamie and Darla were in town and came by with their three children. What was really nice was that Jamie and I had a chance to sit on some Adirondack chairs on my front porch and chat for a couple of hours on a very nice evening. At this point in life, when all is so busy and there are young children to look after, this sort of visit almost never happens.

On Sunday I was speaking in Winchester. There is a really nice group of folks there. My topic was the Problem of Suffering. It was a follow on message to one I had preached there a couple of months ago entitled, "The Fall Explains it All". Anyway, the message was really well received.

Sunday night was our annual church corn roast. It's always a really great time. There were a number of visitors, which is also nice. Hannah was pretty good, and Bethany and Joel are at the point where they don't need us to watch them.

Today we went to the chocolate factory in Smiths Falls. This is the first time I have been there. I did go a bit overboard in the chocolate shop, and bought a case of Oh Henry bars and a case of Hershey's Special Dark bars (and a few other things).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home