Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Pharmacies and Books

Last night, Bethany was sick. She had pains in her stomach. I had wanted to go to bed at about 10:30, but that was when she woke up in pain. At 1:00am I decided to go to a pharmacy to get some medicine. The first pharmacy I went to had an ad in the yellow pages saying they were open 24 hours, but a big sign on the store saying they were open until midnight. I drove to a second place, almost hitting a deer on the way, and got the medicine. On the way home I was rear-ended by a lady in an SUV. There was no damage, but I wasn’t happy. I got home and was asleep by about 3:00am. Today I took a personal leave day from work, because I was in no shape to concentrate. Bethany is feeling a lot better today, but is still a bit sick. We are hoping we will not have to cancel our vacation.

Tonight I finished reading the last book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. “The Last Battle” was brilliant, and I think by far the best book in the series. While I would not take my theology from this book, it was perhaps the most joyful description of Heaven that I have read. At the last 2 pages I had to read slowly and carefully because I was in tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home