Monday, June 06, 2005

A stitch in time would have killed two birds with one stone

This was what is formally known as a busy weekend. On Friday when I got home from work, I found an email asking me if I would be available to preach at my church on Sunday morning. The scheduled guest speaker could not make it. I said yes, and spent a couple of hours Friday and a couple of hours Saturday, first trying to complete a new sermon and then giving up on that idea, revising and practicing a sermon I gave last week (which I had intended to preach at Bridlewood in a couple of weeks).

On Saturday, Karen went out to buy a dress. I took the children for a long walk, and then took them to the mall and the library. After lunch I went for groceries, and then pulled a nest out of the fan vent. Actually, it took me a couple of hours to clean the vent, pull the nest out, and staple up some screen so the birds won’t come back.

Anyway, it was a busy weekend (again).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home