Monday, May 23, 2005

Long Weekend

It's great having a long weekend. I took the three kids out on Saturday morning. We did some shopping, got a haircut for Joel and went to the library. On Saturday night we had some friends over for a BBQ. We are getting lots of use out of the new BBQ, even if the weather has been rather rainy. Incidently, Bethany read a bunch of her books after we got home from the library, and says she read over 500 pages. I tend to believe her; she really whips through the books. The challenge for me is to encourage her to read some books that are a bit more challenging and contain more useful content.

On Sunday we went to church (as usual). Hannah was really fussy, so I took Karen and Hannah back home between the meetings. In the evening, our guest speaker couldn't make it so the homeschool coop did a repeat of their play on the life of Esther. I didn't have a chance to see it the first time. Bethany was the narrator. Joel (my shy guy) decided he preferred to enjoy the arts rather than participate in them.

Today Karen made some salsa, and ended up canning about 7 litres. Even buying the tomatos (rather than growing our own) still costs about half what the store bought costs, and IMHO tastes much better. Karen used the food processor which made it go much faster than the last time when I spent a couple of hours chopping vegetables by hand. I finished preparing a sermon, and plan to start another one today. Karen is also doing some organizing in the basement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home