Monday, April 18, 2005

Temptation

I went and bought a new BBQ today. The old one was old and due for retirement. On the way home I was driving in rush hour traffic at a place where a 4 lane road narrows to 2 lanes. There was a guy in a red 40 year Ford Mustang convertible who was trying to merge in. Being a nice guy I gave him extra space and he slipped in. Usually in that situation the guy waves his thanks to you and off you go. But this guy didn't even notice what I had done because he was too busy talking on his cell phone. Then the traffic came to a bumper-to-bumper standstill. So there I am behind him with my bumper about 3 feet from his, with him chatting on his cell phone, and the moment of temptation hits me. Not the temptation to ram his pretty sports car. That would be too blunt a reaction. My temptation was to shift my van into neutral and press the gas pedal all the way to the floor. If I had given in to this temptation, I'm sure he would have screamed and wet himself. But I didn't. Still, the contemplation was amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home