Monday, August 16, 2004

Test your knowledge of geography

I ordered a catalog today, from a place down in Ohio. The guy asked me how to spell "Ottawa". I pointed out that it is Canada's capital, but that didn't seem to phase him.

Some years ago I was at a conference for a software product we used at work. The conference was held at Disneyland California, and the company paid the shot for me to stay at the Disneyland Resort. That was back in the good old days. Anyway, the day after the conference I noticed some folks who still had their conference badge on, which identified them as being from "Cambridge, ON". Being me, I decided to have a bit of fun. I introduced myself as a fellow conference goer (but was not wearing my badge). I said, "where's Cambridge?" They said "Ontario". I did my best to look confused. They said, "Ontario is in Canada". I did my best to still look confused, but nodded my head uncertainly (as if seeming to acknowledge that such a place may exist). They were amazed and dumbfounded, so they asked me where I was from and I said, "Ottawa". Then we all had a good laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home