Sunday, March 21, 2004

Hockey Game

I enjoyed the hockey game, although it was somewhat of a comedy of errors. I approached the Corel Center from a different (but well travelled) direction, and found I couldn't get into the parking lot I normally use. I travelled around to some other lots, but they were all "Reserved". I had to do a U-turn to get where I needed to be. I had phoned "Marshy's" for a reservation for supper but they don't take reservations on game nights. I was told that at the time I was arriving, it would be about a half-hour in line. Karen and I stood outside for about half an hour (as expected) before we got in. What I didn't expect was that a "hostess" then took my name and told me it would be about a 60 minute wait for a table, unless I wanted to stand at the bar and eat. Why didn't they just tell me this on the phone. Shawn's rule #47 was broken and I paid the price - never eat at a place that doesn't take reservations. If they don't take reservations it means they are so popular that they can afford to treat you like cattle. Anyway, the game was good, even though most of the action was in the first 10 minutes (Ottawa scored twice and the final score was 2-0). The Alcatel booth is very nice, and it does kind of spoil you for living like the other 16,000 people in the stadium. However reality is that these sorts of opportunities come very occasionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home