Thursday, December 25, 2003

Christmas Day and Practical Jokes

Christmas dawned, and Karen made a great breakfast. Scrambled eggs and sausage, baked french toast with real maple syrup, fresh fruit salad, cheese biscuits and raspberry muffins.

The children had a great time. Joel mostly got Lego, and Bethany got an EasyBake Oven. I received 3 biographies - Harold St. John, G. Campbell Morgan and H.A. Ironside. Yes, I find missionary biographies interesting, but as someone who sometimes teaches the Bible, I wanted biographies of some great Bible teachers.

Mom made me an Icelandic sweater, which gave me a wonderful chance to play a practical joke. I put it over my head and pretended the neck of the sweater was too tight to go over my head. Mom was horrified. I said, "Wait, I'll take my glasses off and see if it will go". Finally, I popped my head through and said "Fooled you!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home