Sunday, July 29, 2007

Not Everything Gets Written Down

When you blog, you only present the parts of yourself that you want people to see. You don't talk about everything that is happening in your life. This isn't a matter of being coy, secretive or false; some things are private and you don't want to bleed all over everyone. For example, back in February I was told my position at work was coming to an end and that I should find something else within the company; and this word came on the same day as the company announced it was laying off 12,500 people. So the stress has been considerable. However my boss is a great guy and gave me time to try to find something else. And now that I have found something else I'm free to talk about it. Tomorrow I start my new position (within the same company I've worked for for the last 11 years) as a Project Manager. While it's great to simply have work, it turns out this will be a very interesting position which will be good for my career and will be working for someone I've enjoyed working for in the past.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Thanks Bugblaster. My week is almost done, and it's gone great (busy, but great).

5:05 a.m.  
Blogger R.J. Anderson said...

Congratulations, Shawn! I'm so glad you found something and I hope it goes well for you.

9:39 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Thanks Rebbecca. I planned to take today off, but ended up working a half day trying to get a presentation together (because Monday is a holiday and the meeting is Tuesday morning). But still it's been great. It's with people I've worked with before, and we're working on some small products. That means we know who the customers are, what the revenue is, and feel like we're making a difference. It's not a two book publishing contract, but I'm excited.

9:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home